NEW YORK — Looking for something to do outside for the first weekend of fall? On Saturdays, admission is free to all national parks in the United States.
The free day is on National Public Lands Day.
The free waiver, however, does not cover costs associated with other activities, such as camping, boat launches, transportation, or special tours.
Some participating parks in our area include:
- Harriet Tubman National Historical Park in New York
- Eleanor Roosevelt National Historic Site in New York
- Thomas Edison National Historical Park in New Jersey
- Morristown National Historical Park in New Jersey
- Paterson Great Falls National Historic Park in New Jersey
- Weir Farm National Historical Park in Connecticut
For a complete list, Click here.