Helium is finally moving from its custom blockchain to Solana

by

Community members of the Internet of Things (IoT) blockchain network, Helium, voted for a full transition to Solana to improve network scalability.

  • The HIP 70 proposal published by the Helium Foundation has been in preparation for several months.
  • In August, the foundation detailed the reasons behind the major developers’ inclination to Solana from its own bespoke chain to accelerate Helium in terms of speed, stability and ability to serve more users.
  • The vote because the migration started on September 12. A majority of 81.41% voted in favor of the migration, while the remainder, 18.59%, opposed it.
  • The proposal states,

“The changes proposed in HIP 70 do not change the fundamentals of the Helium Network or HNT, but provide several benefits to the Helium Network, including more HNT available for subDAO reward pools, more consistent mining, faster data transfer reliable, more utility for HNT and subDAO tokens and more support for the ecosystem.

  • Once the migration is complete, a new version of the Helium Wallet app will be unveiled.
  • The Helium Layer 1 blockchain history will remain public and users will be able to access the new app by updating their current wallet app.
  • Holders of the HNT token will also be able to use other wallets within the Solana ecosystem, including Phantom or Solflare.
  • For the uninitiated, Helium is a Google-backed startup founded in 2019.
  • It is essentially a distributed wireless network that offers users crypto tokens as a reward for sharing their home internet service with a wider community.
  • So far, it has attracted more than 952,000 active node operators, according to the latest Data.
SPECIAL OFFER (Sponsored)

Binance Free $100 (Exclusive): Use this link to sign up and receive $100 free and 10% fee discount on Binance Futures for the first month (terms).

PrimeXBT Special Offer: Use this link to sign up and enter code POTATO50 to receive up to $7,000 on your deposits.

You may also like

Leave a Comment

About Us

Times Global Will keep you updated To the Latest News Around The Globe..

Feature Posts

Newsletter

Subscribe my Newsletter for new blog posts, tips & new photos. Let's stay updated!

Subscribe To our Newsletter

Join our subscribers list and get Latest News directly to your inbox.