In order to stand out from the crowd, Gmail lets you customize the theme, use dark modeand you can even change your Gmail Last name. In this read, we will see how to change your Gmail name while sending emails. Additionally, you can learn to preview emails before sending their.
What is the difference between Gmail username and display name?
The Gmail name associated with your email account is displayed to the recipient each time you send an email. Let’s say you want to change the display name of your Gmail account, however, it’s important to know that the Display a name linked to your email address is not your username.
Your email address is known as your username. Gmail usernames, or email addresses, are unique and cannot be changed, but Gmail display names are not. The display name is the name that serves as your identifier whenever you receive an email, the name that appears next to your email address (username).
How to change your Gmail display name
Now that we know that username and display name are two completely different things, let’s see how you can change the display name on your Gmail account.
Change Gmail Name on PC
When using the web version of Gmail on your PC, you can change the display name quite easily by following the steps below.
1. Login to your Gmail account using a web browser on your PC.
2. Click on the settings icon in the upper right corner.
3. Now click on see all parameters.
4. From there, go to Account and import tongue.
5. Here, click Send mail as section then click on the Edit information option.
6. Now you can either select the name specified in your google account or type a different name.
seven. When finished, click the Save changes button.
Change Gmail name on phone
Although there is no direct option to change your display name on the Gmail app, however, there is a workaround to change the display name using your phone’s browser. Let’s see how.
1. Open the browser on your phone and tap the three vertical dots in the top right corner of the page.
2. In the pop-up menu, check the box for desktop website option.
3. In a few seconds you will be presented with the desktop mode of the page, search now Gmail, it would look like the image below. Now open the Gmail web link.
4. Once logged into your Gmail account, tap the settings icon in the upper right corner of the page.
5. In the context menu, press the See all parameters option.
6. Now go to Accounts and Imports tongue.
seven. Here, press the “Send email as” option then press edit information.
8. On the next screen, you can either choose your Google account name or specify another name. For example, here, I reverse my name.
9. After typing the new name, press Save changes button to change the display name.
How to change your Google account name
Another way to change the display name on Gmail is to change your Google account name. This will change the name of all Google services such as Google Meet, Play Store and Gmail. This can be done from PC and phone as shown below.
Change Google account name on PC
When using your Google account on PC, you can change the name of all your accounts associated with your Google account by following the steps below.
1. Log in to your Gmail account on your PC and click on the profile picture icon top right.
2. Now click on the Manage your accounts button.
3. Under the Personal informations you may notice the new account name, changed in the previous steps.
4. You can click on the name field to edit and enter your First name and Last name. Finally, click on the to safeguard button to change your name in all Google services.
Point: You can check your Google name by hovering your mouse over the Google account image in Gmail in the upper right corner. Your new name and email id will appear.
Changing the name of the Google account on the phone
You can easily change your Gmail name by changing your Google account name on Android by following the steps below:
1. Go to Settings on your phone and press Accounts.
2. Now press the Manage Accounts option.
3. Select the account whose name you want to change.
4. Now on the next screen tap google account.
5. On the next screen, tap the Personal informations top tab.
6. Now scroll down and tap Last name.
seven. Finally, press the Edit icon next to your name.
8. Now add the new name and press the to safeguard button.
In this read, we have discussed different ways to change display name on Gmail as well as how you can change it on Google services including Google Meet, Play Store, etc. Additionally, you can also learn how to filter marketing and spam in Gmail. I hope you found this article helpful, if you did; be sure to like and share it. Check out the other tips linked below and stay tuned for more such tech tips.
You might also be interested in:
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, reviews of smartphones and gadgets, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or for the latest review videos, subscribe GadgetsToUse YouTube channel.